WIRED MUSIC WEEK EXPLORES BRUNEI’S MUSIC SCENE
Wired Music Week Explores Brunei’s Music Scene
Presented by The Creative Core BN and Kueymo & Sushiboy
WMW Session officially kicked off its Asia tour this October 27th 2018 with it’s first location in Brunei, supported by its partnership team – local DJ Duo’s Kueymo & Sushiboy and Brunei’s leading advocates of the creative industry, The Creative Core BN.
After a successful debut of Wired Music Week in early May 2018, the pioneer team of WMW decided to launch WMW Session as its own new movement that acts as a 1-day crash course dedicated to electronic music enthusiasts. The WMW team is working alongside local partners around the South East Asia (SEA) with the intention of curation specific content beneficial to fit each local market individually in their own unique way.
The event that cultivated the education and deeper understanding of modern music, endorsed by the nations latest revolutionary Telco provider, Progresif Cellular saw attendance from three higher education institutions in the country, as well as participants from the Bruneian electronic music industry. Among the participants at WMW Session – Brunei, they had ranged from budding music artists to music enthusiasts who are actively releasing originals to constructing remixes with international labels.
Six speakers from across the region took to the stage:
- Local Bruneian producer, Nabil Iskandar delivered an in-depth look on his latest ID and how it was produced;
- Barong Family newest signee from Indonesia, SIHK shared his knowledge on a variety of mixing and mastering techniques for various samples and sounds;
- Malaysia’s uprising duo’s and new kids on the block, SPUDS deconstructed their latest pop track which reached 300k streams on Spotify within a short span of their release;
- Iranian Audio Engineer, Omid Ghajar, currently serving as a lecturer in Lim Kok Wing University, Malaysia, shared his expertise in mastering for various online streaming platforms and advertisements; and
- Philippines Top #10 DJ/Producer, Jenil, who has released originals under Panda Funk, Revealed and Dirty Dutch, shared the various avenues to effectively promote your originals.
In addition to the sessions above, Nabil Iskandar, SIHK, SPUDS, and Jenil also participated in a 45-minute panel discussion on career development in Asia, as they share stories from their journey and gave useful pointers to the Bruneian bedroom producers in hopes to take them to the next level. Indonesian DJ & Producer, SIHK also commented, “Never stop producing, always have your releases uploaded somewhere so you always have something to share when the opportunity arises.”
“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity, and the inaugural WMW Session in Brunei is the opportunity to the preparations that all these local bedroom DJ and producers have done. The sessions this afternoon will allow producers not only to hone their skills but also network with established artists in the industry.” commented, Edmund Chin, co-founder of Kueymo & Sushiboy.
Local Bruneian producers and attendees, Khairoy & Nsko also showed their appreciation to the sessions, saying, “We’ve always wanted to improve our mastering since that was what we were looking forward too! Everything would not be possible without this event being here.”
With 3 more destinations around Asia set for WMW Session to explore before concluding with the flagship WMW event in Zouk Club Kuala Lumpur in March 2019, everyone is sure to get a glimpse of what Wired Music Week will bring to the table in the near future.
For more event photos visit our WMW Official Facebook Page